A fantastic new opportunity has arisen for a womenswear designer for Jersey and Wovens. Our client who is expanding their current team and are looking for a talented designer with a very fashion led handwriting to work across UK high street accounts.
Experience working with European factories in Romania and Turkey would be highly beneficial. You must be confident as you will be involved with all customer meetings and design development. Previous supplier experience essential
Main Duties and responsibilities will include:
- You will identify and translate the must-have trends for ladies jersey and soft wovens
- Creating mood and trend boards
- Presenting ranges to buyers
- Understanding garment construction and production constraints
- Sourcing new fabrics and developing newness
- Producing detailed tech packs and liaising with factories in the UK and Turkey
- Developing new trims and fabrics with f fast fashion in mind
- Identifying and updating bestsellers to drive repeat business
- Managing Sampling and Development of Critical Path
- Minimum 3- 5 years commercial design experience
- Experience working with European factories
- Confident presenting to buyers
- Excellent CAD skills ideally with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Being able to work on their own - take initiative and work as part of a team.