We have a great opportunity for a Design Assistant to join the ladieswear team working on jersey. The position is with a leading supplier who works with retailers and supermarkets in the UK.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has completed a fashion degree or HND or equivalent and is looking to get their career started with an established company.
The ideal candidate will have some work experience through placements, internships or a first job.
The role will provide a fantastic opportunity to join a talent team and learn the ropes through supporting and assisting the Senior Jersey designer across a broad range of tasks and activities.
This role is hybrid 3 days in the office and 2 days at home
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Ladieswear Senior team with everyday customer and sampling correspondence such as CAD development, tech packs, fabric development and office admin.
- Assisting with customer accounts via email & in meetings.
- Communicating with factories on fabric and garment development.
- Organising the fabric boards
- Ordering of samples and keeping a sample library
- Organising samples for meetings and internal range reviews.
- Keeping on top of ladieswear trends
- Degree or HND in fashion design (or equivalent)
- Must have good presentation skills
- Understanding knowledge of Jersey & Sweat fabrications
- Great Adobe photoshop and illustrator skills
- Excellent time management
- Enthusiastic to deliver
- Highly organised
- Clear communicator
- A great team player and keen to learn
- Commercially aware of ladieswear product trend