almost 3 years ago
- When going to work is as simple as rolling out of bed and going downstairs to work in your ‘home office’ it can be difficult to feel motivated about getting dressed. Your gym leggings or pyjamas could easily become your everyday outfit as they are comfortable and convenient.
- Let’s face it, working from home can mean days without leaving the house so dressing for work is important as it creates a more professional mindset that results in a more productive day at work. Yes, we work at home, but we do not have to look like we are having a sick day at home every single day. There is still a fabulous, beautiful, stylish person inside that deserves to show on the outside too!
- Wear an outfit that if you were called into a last-minute video meeting, you would feel comfortable, look presentable and respectful. Be comfy but not too cosy that your leggings or tracksuit bottoms make you slouch and lack in performance.
- Psychologists have found that what we wear impacts our thinking. It is believed that the reason for improved performance in formal clothing is people feel more powerful and capable when dressed smartly for business.
- Style and substance are intertwined and what you wear influences a self-perception so wherever you work its worth trying to make a good impression as you only get one opportunity to make a first impression so always make it count. A girl should always be two things: classy and fabulous. – Coco Chanel
- Divisional Manager of Retail Georgia Hanley at TRP Recruitment has told us her ideal work from home outfit would consist of ‘a bright coloured top to lift her mood on top accompanied by some comforting tracksuit bottoms and fluffy socks’.
- You can still be comfortable but more, shall we say, presentable while working from home. You work hard to live the life of your dreams and your wardrobe should reflect that too! You deserve to look and feel your best! Save the yoga pants for when you are working out and show everyone how awesome it is to work from home by how confident you look!