A new opportunity has arisen for a Technical Manager to work across Men's, Ladies, and Childrenswear multiproduct.
My client is looking for an experienced Technical Manager to liaise very closely with their key clients who are large UK retailers working closely with their teams to drive and implement improvements in product fit and quality.
A solid background from either a Retailer or Supplier would be considered for this role.
You will need to be used to working in a fast-paced environment and confident under pressure and able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Driving continuous product improvement.
- Responsible for the approval of garments and advising on all aspects of fit, construction, and quality-related issues.
- Attending fit meetings with customers & work closely with their technical teams
- Liaise with overseas factories advising on clear commercial solutions &create size specifications and technical packs for issues to factories
- Continuous liaison with internal merchandising and design teams
- Liaise regularly with designers and customers regarding all aspects of fit & quality
- Previous experience working across ladies, mens and childrenswear across both jersey and woven
- Confident dealing with buyers and senior technical managers within the customer base, to solve problems
- Knowledge of working with or for High Street Multiples
- Supplier or retail experience
- Superior knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing
- Able to work under pressure & give clear concise technical comments to factories