A new role has arisen for an established Wholesale Merchandiser to join this thriving brand which stands for sustainability, quality, and style and is doubling in size every year. They are now looking for someone to work closely with their overseas sourcing team in India & Bangladesh as well as Design & PD team. A strong supplier background is required for this role. An understanding of the Childrenswear market would be highly desirable for this role. Initially, this role would be based from home with offices open shortly in the West Midlands
Main Responsibilities will include
· Dealing with all front end of merchandising, including product, fabric, sampling, and costing.
· Work closely between Brand Design & PD team.
· Experienced at the back end of merchandising, sourcing of clothing from India and Bangladesh Get right product at right time.
· Some who can lead the growth of business and are aligned with the culture and strategy of founders.
· Responsible for building your own team as required aligned with the growth of the business.
· Work closely with the brand sourcing team in India/BD to get the best performance out.
· Managing and raising purchase orders.
· Overseeing critical path including lab dips submissions, approvals, samples, and ensuring on-time fabric delivery and garment production is on schedule.
· Daily communication with factories and weekly Skype meetings.
· Update meetings with customers.
- A strong proven track record working in a similar role within a supplier/brand background
- Ability to build good relationships with Customers buying team.
- Childrenswear experience is advantageous but not essential
- Analytically and commercially minded looking at opportunities to repeat orders on fast-selling product lines.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent negotiation and strong attention to detail.
- Strong communicator and a good decision-maker
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment