An excellent new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Ladies Knitwear Designer to join my clients existing team, already supplying to a number of high fashion retailers in the UK.
Due to huge growth they are looking to recruit an additional Senior Designer who will need to have a trend lead and fashion forward commercial handwriting. You'll need to be able to come in and hit the ground running, manage existing accounts, be strategic and confident when presenting to customers.
This role offers hybrid working and has gorgeous spacious modern offices.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Establish an innovative range based upon product range priorities, customer requirements and budget and departmental profitability guidelines.
- Be up to date and research the latest fashion trends, produce trend boards, create seasonal trend/directional reports.
- Present ranges to the Buyers and internally as required in a creative and informative manner.
- Working with Buyers to produce bestselling styles.
- Liaise with overseas factories on a daily basis.
- Supporting the design team, being a key member of the team in creating commercial, fashion-led knitwear, managing Juniors.
- You will have at least 5-8 years of commercial knitwear industry experience and be familiar with working with off shore factories.
- Proficient in CAD and illustrator skills.
- Confident at presenting to Buyers.
- Must have a strong commercial eye, and an ability to interpret trends.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment & have a pro-active approach.
- Strong organisation skills, and able to work to deadlines.