A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Garment Technologist who has experience in muti product and womenswear from a quality high street to high end brand.
My client is a fast-growing multi-channel women's fashion brand passionate about print looking for. The ideal candidate will be used to a fast-paced environment and have a commercial eye and attention to detail.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Excellent knowledge and ability to confidently fit garment
- Organisational skills to ensure the timeline required by the company Critical Path is achieved.
- Providing technical support across the garment tech team, working closely with, and reporting to the Head Garment Technologist
- Guiding Garment Tech and Junior Technologist, building their confidence and sharing knowledge.
- Creating specifications particular to each style, ensuring correct grades are used according to customer requirements.
- Accurately and consistently measuring samples and advising on construction types and techniques.
- Ensuring throughout the sampling process all comments are efficiently passed back.
- Effective liaison between customers, suppliers.
- Knowledgeable with at least 10 years' experience.
- Able to cope and thrive under pressure, work to tight deadlines, and prioritise.
- Experience in muti product, womenswear, ideally working for a quality high street to high end brand.
- Attentive to detail essential, able to think outside of the usual box alongside traditional industry methods.
- A commercial eye, and approach to resolving and finalising garments for production.
- Must have experience and knowledge in fabric testing protocol, industry compliance and guidelines for ethical sourcing.
- Experience in womenswear CURVE (PLUS SIZING), knowledgeable in curve grading, fit evaluation is advantageous but not essential.