A highly regarded law firm with offices based in Hertfordshire is looking for a Property Finance solicitor to join its fast paced and extremely specialised team of lawyers who specialise in supporting lenders offering short term finance to include but not limited to bridging finance, refurbishment finance and development finance and to work with the team to provide lender clients with the best possible experience.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Receive instructions from lender clients and work with and service clients in accordance with bespoke service level agreements that vary depending on the lender.
- Title investigation including reviewing searches.
- Collate draft and check legal/loan documentation.
- Deal with all requisitions liaising with the client and borrower's solicitors in relation to loans to be secured against residential and commercial properties as well as some development loans.
- Pre-completion matters including conducting searches such as priority, bankruptcy searches, Lawyer Checker and drafting certificates of title to be sent to client.
- Post-completion matters including ensuring that clients' charges are registered at the Land Registry and Companies House.
- Working to tight deadlines.
- Some Regulatory knowledge helpful (Regulated Mortgage Contracts for example).
- Specialism in property law
- Demonstrate first class communication skills across all levels.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to prioritise effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative and make decisions.
- To conduct matters having due regard to the policies and procedures set out in the firm's office manual relating to the area of work and to comply with firm and regulators training requirements.
- PC literate and good IT skills
- Good time keeping