We have an exciting new role based in Madrid Spain for a luxury childrenswear brand. The Product Manager is responsible for supporting the growth strategy through the Design Management, Range Planning and Merchandising Analysis, Sourcing and Development and owning the Critical Path. Supporting on the Buying process, product life cycle and all commercial decisions regarding product and collections.
A strong knowledge of the luxury childrenswear market, competitor landscape and fluent in Spanish is essential.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Merchandising and Trade Management: Forecast and sales analysis, plan inventory levels, and ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Responsible for all sourcing and development of fabrics and trimmings across all product categories.
- Responsible for the Collection development with Designer.
- Oversee the Tech Packs (management and maintenance) with manufacturers.
- Responsible for identifying new production partners as required.
- Manages the entire Critical Path for design, development, and production.
- Analyse market trends, pricing, and quality of products to ensure the best value for the organization.
- Manages the end-to-end prototype and sample management process with suppliers. .
- Responsible for all cost negotiations, end-costs / sell-in Margins.
- Customer Care, managing the end-to-end Bespoke and Made-to-Order?services.
- Research and evaluate suppliers, negotiate contracts, and manage relationships with vendors.
- Manage the procurement process from requisition to delivery, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Owns entire bulk production process and collection delivery schedules.
- Should regularly attend Trade Shows and be aware of new developments and trends within the market.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in procurement or purchasing.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and procurement software
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, Supply Chain Management, or a related field
- Certification in procurement or supply chain management (e.g. CPSM, CSCP) is preferred.
- Proven track record of cost savings and process improvement initiatives
- Experience in vendor management and supplier relationship management, A strong negotiator that can form meaningful relationships with external partners.
- Passionate about product with strong, luxury taste-level.
- Fluent in Spanish