A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced ladies knitwear designer to join my clients existing team, already supplying to a number of high fashion retailers in the UK they are looking to recruit an additional designer who will need to have young fashion handwriting rend lead and commercial as well as being strategic in your approach and be confident in presenting ideas to customers. Hybrid working available 3/2
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing knitwear ranges based on briefs for a number of key clients
- Be up to date and research the latest fashion trends, produce trend boards, create seasonal trend/directional reports, and presenting this back to buyers
- Working with buyers to produce bestselling styles
- Liaise with overseas factories on a daily basis.
- Supporting the design team, being a key member of the team in creating commercial, fashion-led knitwear
- Previous experience at mid- senior design level working in a knitwear design role
- Supplier experience and knowledge of working with Far East and Bangladesh factories
- Proficient in CAD and illustrator skills
- Confident at presenting to buyers
- Must have a strong commercial eye, and an ability to interpret trends
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment & have a pro-active approach.
- Able to get to London office when required for meetings , but option of wfh so open on location
- Strong organisation skills, and able to work to deadlines.