We have a fantastic new opportunity to join a leading UK supplier based in Leicester who are looking to expand their Jersey Design Team
My client works with a mix of hi-fashion and mid-market retailers and e-tailers in the UK and is looking for someone with commercial fashion handwriting who has had experience working within a UK supplier.
If you have also had experience manufacturing out of the Uk and Turkey, this would also be very beneficial.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include
- You will identify and translate the must-have trends for fashion ladies jersey
- Liaise with customers, attend presentations as and when required with Sales Director
- Understand garment construction and production constraints
- Sourcing new fabrics and developing newness
- Produce detailed tech packs and liaise with factories in the UK and Turkey
- Develop new trims and fabrics with fads and fast fashion in mind
- Identify and update bestsellers to drive repeat business
- Manage Sampling and Development of Critical Path
- Minimum 2- 3 years commercial jersey design experience
- Young - mid market fashion portfolio required across, lounge, dresses , tops
- Must be confident as you will be involved with all customer meetings and design development
- Experience of graphics desirable not essential
- Experience working with UK and Turkish factories
- Excellent CAD skills ideally with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Able to work on their own - take initiative and work as part of a team.