A fantastic new opportunity has become available for a commercial Ladieswear Jersey Designer for a leading supplier to major high street retailers to work on several of their key accounts across multiproduct ladies' jersey.
They are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, and commercial jersey fashion designer with a young to mid-market handwriting style who is used to working in a fast-paced environment and able to work under pressure.
The ideal candidate must have a flare for fashion and understand key jersey fabrications and shapes. There is some flexibility with 1 day a week wfh.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Create seasonal mood & trend boards with the design team.
- Design seasonal capsule collections along with key shapes, colour palettes and fabric direction.
- Research and source new design ideas & fabrics/trims day to day.
- Design and develop commercial and fashion forward product for range and clients.
- Attend fabric fairs and inspirational shopping trips.
- Attend regular design meetings with Sales Manager and customer buying/design teams who you will be liaising regularly with.
- Jersey background is essential
- Experience designing for young to mid market ladies fashion
- Able to work under Pressure
- Works well in a team
- Commercially savvy with excellent on trend knowledge
- Confident when attending customer meetings
- Fully computer literate including Photoshop and Illustrator