A fabulous new opportunity has arisen for our client a leading established supplier of womenswear to most major retailers in the UK. This is a new role for a Head of Design across multi product womenswear categories.
This is a senior role for an individual with a strong commercial background who can support the growth of the business thorough creative direction as well as leading a team. This role would suit a creative, commercial and strategic thinker who can increase turnover through great products ,and building great relationships.
You will be responsible for managing design teams to create high-quality work that aligns with client's requirements and to potentialise new opportunities.
This is a senior UK role within an international company and requires an individual who can work autonomously and lead and motivate a team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities will include
- Overseeing range development, ensuring that the product reflects the Brand strategy
- Identifying new product opportunities as they emerge in the market
- Manage the process of creating a balanced range across all areas
- Recruiting Leading and building a strong design team
- Motivating and engaging the team through recognition and regular feedback
- Liaising with Factories overseas
- Regular contact with Buying teams
- Strong Casual design background
- Held a similar position with a retailer/ brand or supplier
- Shows strong awareness of current trends, Retail market conditions
- Demonstrates the ability to drive the success of multiple departments through strategic and commercial thinking
- Has experience of working with high volumes