At the cutting edge of fast fashion, my client is a global design and manufacturing business with its headquarters in the heart of London.They have been established for over 30 years and are an expanding business with a worldwide client base.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior level Garment Technologist looking to develop their career further within a fast-paced environment.
You will be part of a friendly, fast paced and experienced Technical team consisting of Garment Technologists, Graders, Pattern Cutters and Machinists.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Provide technical support to the production department.
- Liaise with other technicians to receive handover of new styles.
- Assess new styles for the most practical and cost-effective method of make up
- Oversee production of first production sample and achieve sign off with customer & designer.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment within a similar business
- Comprehensive knowledge of garment construction and production procedures
- Knowledge of sealing processes for high street retailers
- Critical path management
- Daily liaison with factories
- Ability to produce details spec sheets
- Knowledge of Pattern Cutting essential
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Fashion with a genuine interest in garment construction.
- A understanding of pattern cutting and garment manufacture.
- Solid experience using Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Good communication skills, using own initiative and be self driven.
- Organisational skills, accuracy skills and be innovative with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills as you will be required to liaise daily with customers