An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an established thriving fashion business who supply to UK retailers and e-tailers. They are looking for an experienced Garment Technologist to cover ladieswear jersey and woven on a 12-month Maternity contract.
Based in London, ideally you will have at least 5 years' experience working across ladies soft woven's / jersey from proto all the way through to production. You will be a problem solver and a multitasker with a strong technical understanding of garment construction.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Lead and attend fit meetings with customers.
- Write accurate fit comments and send to overseas factories.
- Managing the critical path to ensure orders are delivered on time for the customers.
- Attending weekly critical path meeting with updating merchandising and production teams on current order status.
- Work closely with Pattern Cutters interpreting customer fit comments for fit and seal process through to production.
- Responsible for measuring garments and to assess production samples and upload specs/photos on to customers data base.
- Strong Technical ability and understanding including patterns and construction techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively & confidently to all levels.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Good understanding of garment construction.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Organised with problem solving skills.