Our clients in China are one of China's leading fashion retailers and this role is to work on their young fast fashion and commercial menswear brand which has 1,986 stores in China.
It is to design for the Chinese market covering Blazers, Tailoring, Suits, Wool Jackets and shirts.
We have several roles designing menswear for this brand so if you do not have experience in all of the above it might not matter, so still apply with your latest portfolio.
Main responsibilities will include:
- You will be responsible for the success of the target category, success rate and growth
- Do inspiration trips in especially Asia, to collect ideas and to buy samples
- Create 4 main collections and 2-4 express collections a year
- Create AI style design sheets according to style budget, follow up that your ideas on design sheet are followed
- Making sure that design deadlines are kept
- Work closely with buying team and pattern maker team
- Update and manage PLM system.
- Prepare and control styles before sample reviews and order meetings.
- Constantly upgrade fabric quality, fitting and product to meet market demands
- Bachelor's degree and above, major in fashion design is mandatory
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
- At least 3+ years' experience within fashion design (menswear experience mandatory)
- Excellent in using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and MS Office
- Very good commercial understanding
- Good communication skills, team player and be good at expressing ideas
- Used to work with deadline, and can work under pressure, well organised