This is an opportunity to work for a great online brand to be part of their exciting team at their central London Head office They are looking for a Designer to work across their jersey collection aimed at the young end of the market 18-30 profile the individual must work well under pressure and have a strong eye for interpreting trends with confidence designing graphics and print as well as shape. Experience working with Indian based suppliers advantageous for this role.
You will design and contribute to the constant development of new product ranges, to satisfy the customer needs, offering innovation and fresh approaches to design.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Assisting in the design of current young Women's jersey wear
- Creating graphics and print led ranges to present to clients
- Put together Design, Mood, Colour and Trend Boards
- Sourcing of fabric and trims
- To produce detailed technical packs for accurate first-time samples
- Travel overseas to shows factories and Head office
- Previous experience designing Womenswear with a strong emphasis on Jersey d
- Confidence using graphic and print within the design
- Good understanding of fabrics, fabric manipulation, and fabric techniques
- Good understanding of garment construction
- Possess excellent communication skills at all levels
- Able to travel overseas several times a year
- Strong CAD skills
- Previous experience working with India is advantageous
- Experience working for a Brand/High Street retailer advantageous but not essential.
- Able to work under pressure
- Have a good team working skills