We have a fantastic new role with a market leading, established retailer who offer stationery, technology, office supplies and crafts. They are looking for a Craft Buyer to come on board and support the growth of there business. In this role you have to drive category sales and profit in line with budgets.
You would be reporting directly into the Buying Manager whilst working closely with other departments across the business, taking action to drive sales/profit. Management experience is preferable as you would most like be managing an Assistant Buyer.
This role can be worked remotely 3 days a week with 2 days in either their London or North West head office.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Deliver sales, margin, stock and supplier terms budgets within your category across all business channels.
- Develop the buying strategy, both long term and short term.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to ensure positive commercial growth
- Provide weekly category analysis and propose actions to impact commercial performance.
- Regularly review and analyse promotional activity, including underperforming promotional lines
- Negotiate supplier terms and conditions in order to achieve budgeted targets.
- Have a strong awareness of competitor activity and react accordingly to maintain a competitive edge, visiting relevant trade shows, exhibitions where you can.
- Present range reviews in line with critical path deadlines.
- Continually look for new product opportunities to improve the offering to customers, both from stocked ranges and drop-ship opportunities.
- The management and delivery of promotional, cost and retail strategy across all business channels for your areas of responsibility
- Significant retail/online buying experience within the Crafting market
- Have a proven track record of delivering to a sales, margin and stock budget
- Ability to develop a department strategy
- Strong communication skills
- A go getter who has strong attention to detail, sense of urgency and adaptability under pressure
- Positive mind set and can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently, to prioritise multiple projects, and meet deadlines with a high level of personal organisation