We have teamed up with a highly successful high street supplier in recruiting a Senior ladieswear Garment Technologist. The ideal candidate must have a broad knowledge of working on ladies jersey but also have experience of kids jersey and outerwear.
This role would suit candidates who area a good team player with a proactive approach to technical product development.
You must be able to work well both independently and in a small team, be self-motivated, passionate and thrive off working in a fast paced environment.
YOU MUST COME FROM A SUPPLIER BACKGROUND
Main responsibilities will include:
- Manage sample approvals from initial fit through to production.
- Attending fit sessions.
- Liaising with factories and communicating fit comments/amendments.
- Creating garment and size specifications/workbooks.
- Assessing fit samples with due diligence.
- Grading size charts.
- Completing Risk Assessments.
- Test Reports.
- Resolving technical and production issues with factories.
- Monitoring quality control.
- Updating information on customer portals.
- Working to critical paths.
- Minimum 4 years' experience in a similar role with a fashion supplier.
- Extensive garment technical skills and knowledge.
- Good skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Able to prioritise workload, and multi-task various functions.
- Ability to work within a small team.
- Driving licence/use of car