Being a part of this fantastic Design team, you will be responsible for designing a wide range of young fast fashion casual jerseywear designing across multi product from t'ees, joggers, sweats and loungewear aimed at the 18-35yr women's wear market.
You will need to demonstrate a creative eye for picking up key trends and translating them into a strong and commercial handwriting.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Identify key shapes and looks for the season
- Design commercially relevant fashion forward casual jersey wear ranges.
- Work closely with the Technical department on garment fit.
- Building relations with customers and advise where necessary on direction and construction of ranges.
- Travelling to visit customers, suppliers and overseas development trips
- Sourcing fabrics at trade shows and fabric fairs and developing fabrics with the fabric team.
- Overseeing development of all sampling ensuring deadlines are met* Directional/Comparative shopping trips- completing relevant reports
- Range planning
- Previous experience of working for a similar supplier to the young fashion market
- Experience of working across Casual jersey essential
- Knowledge of sourcing directly from fabric mills
- Good experience of CAD Skills, Adobe and Photoshop
- Ability to translate current catwalk trends into commercially viable product offerings
- Great team player
- Ability to travel
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills for liaising with and working closely with Buyers
- PC literate