My client are an expanding company who supply ladies jersey and woven to several ladieswear fashion retailers in the UK and overseas and are looking for an initial 6 month maternity contract cover 3 days per week initially to start asap . they need someone who has previous supplier experience on ladieswear preferably and can come in and hit the ground running who is familiar dealing with offshore offices and factories in China, India and Bangladesh . You will need to be a team player and be used to working in a fast paced environment and be able to adapt to changing situations, above all previous wholesale merchandising experience in a similar role is essential for this great opportunity
Main Duties and responsibilities will include
- Managing/updating critical Paths
- Managing customer orders from confirmation stage to delivery stage
- Checking/Submitting lab dips and bulk fabrics / trims
- Help to assist off shores teams on production information they require for each PO, advise on label information and any questions they may have
- Managing customer systems, Arcadia IBFL/IBTR testing system
- Reviewing test reports and submitting these for approval
- Checking Po's and liaising with customer for any amendments that need to be made
- Chasing fit samples and production samples to ensure all deadlines are met
- Raising fabric and label orders if orders are CMT/UK OR Europe based
- Liaising with offshore teams to ensure shipments are on time, managing any MDA, PTS that would be required for shipments
- Managing packing lists and invoices and ensuring this information is handed over
- Office admin is also required, tracking parcels, helping arrange DHL when parcels need to go out
- Working closely with sales team and accounts team to ensure systems are running smoothly
- Assisting company director on orders and production
- Previous experience working for a supplier within the merchandising team.
- Highly organised, proactive, and numerate with excellent IT skills, particularly Excel.
- Knowledge of working with factories in the Bangladesh, India and China
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage the critical path.
- Used to working in a fast paced environment
- Must be computer literate.
- Be extremely organised.
- Work well as part of a team.