An opportunity has arisen for one of my clients who are looking for an experienced merchandiser to cover a 1 year maternity contract with a potential for longer at their prestigous offices based in Manchester .My client is one of the leading suppliers to major retailers on the UK High Street covering both ladies and menswear . You will be working within a team and get excellent support from management and exposure to working with large volume orders and working on a cross section of accounts.
Main duties of this role will include:
- Being the point of contact between the customers and the factories for all issues that arise during the production cycle
- Supporting the sales team.
- Following all requirements from the point of order to the sealing of the style so that delivery is maintained.
- Setting the critical paths for all the customer orders and ensuring these are kept.
- Inputting data & Maintaining Critical Path Software.
- Liaising with retail customers regarding any issues.
- Dealing with overseas factories in Bangladesh
- Chasing up samples and lab dips.
- Creating cost sheets.
- Order placements and updates.
- Review and monitor weekly critical paths from factories.
- Monitor weekly shipments from factories.
- Visual check & querying any issues with factories if necessary.
- Previous experience working for a supplier within the merchandising team.
- Knitwear experience advantageous but not essential
- Highly organised, proactive, and numerate with excellent IT skills, particularly Excel.
- Knowledge of working with factories in Bangladesh
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage the critical path.
- Used to working in a fast paced environment for value retailer.
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent Excel knowledge.
- Be extremely organised.
- Work well as part of a team.