An opportunity has a risen for an experienced merchandiser to join this established supplier working in their menswear division covering casualwear and denim to several leading fashion forward retailers .
This role requires excellent communication skills as you will working closely with the Sales and Design Teams. You must be customer focused and have naturally strong planning and organisational skills as you would be responsible for the timely delivery of quality goods to the customers. This role also involves daily communication with the Far East and India factories/suppliers for sourcing, delivery negotiations, production and shipping follow up and costings at times.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Strengthen existing sources and develop new ones depending upon the demands of the business
- Working with the Support Sales Team in sourcing, shipping, tracking products
- Involved in order processing - approvals etc alongside the Sales/tech team
- Monitor Critical Path on daily basis. Updating Critical path on a weekly basis to the customer
- Work closely with the warehouse for customer delivery plan
- Monitor stock levels and quality related issues on weekly basis
- Provide correct packaging information for factories.
- Work closely with finance team for opening L/C's, invoices and payment etc.
- Travel within the UK and abroad for customer meetings and production follow up.
- Support sales teams in ensuring profit margins are met along with added costs being realized and reported.
- Work closely with the Design team in ensuring designs are developed in accordance with the licence contract and in good time for licensor approval.
- General administration duties from data entry to dealing with mailing for both buyers and the merchandisers at the customer end.
- Experience and a proven track record in a similar role within a supplier of Men's or ladieswear apparel
- Drive and determination to exceed targets and with enthusiasm to match, and proven ability to develop strong customer relations
- Excellent communication, strong negotiation skills with buyers in the UK and suppliers/factories in Asia and the Far East.
- Knowledge of fabrics, production process.
- Highly organised and capable of working to and managing tight deadlines as part of a team.
- Ability to travel within the UK and abroad and to work outside working hours as required by the demands of the business.
- Experience in product area will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of Excel and power point would be desirable