An opportunity has arisen for my client who is a leading supplier to several large retailers due to continued growth they are looking for someone to work in their menswear team, this role is working on woven product's so a good knowledge for this product area is essential, as is having experience working with factories overseas in China and Bangladesh. For this role, my client is looking for someone who is able to work in a fast-paced environment and can take responsibility and communicates well.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing progress updates for new developments
- Helping assist and chase approvals
- Working on Critical paths updating and monitoring critical paths
- Working closely with the Tech/QA on all testing and fits.
- Provide administrative support, arranging couriers/post, Communicate with customers via email, telephone, updating tracking, etc
- Chasing fit, photoshoots, buying and sealer samples
- Managing style grids
- Chasing and filing trim approvals etc
- Chase production samples to ensure they arrive at the agreed deadline
- Range development - Sample follow-ups, fabric follow up
- Preparation of showroom for customer meetings, hanging, collecting samples.
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Experience in the garment/fashion business with knowledge of the production cycle in factories in China, Bangladesh & India desirable.
- Capable of working under pressure and on own initiative with a flexible approach to the workload
- Good MS Office applications knowledge, especially Word and Excel, PowerPoint an advantage
- Fabric knowledge within wovens essential, menswear experience desirable but not essential