A fantastic opportunity had arisen for an experienced Store Manager to launch a brand new store opening for a Luxury Multi Womenswear brand based on The Kings Road.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- During the course of the day, you will required to be polite and friendly to everyone, including your fellow employees, always to speak English! All customers must be approached and greeted, you will need to find out their requirements, you may only use a different language ( if you speak any) other than English if required by the customer. You could also be asked to help with translations within the business if required.
- As a Store Manager, you will need to understand the brands and how to sell them and train others to sell these too.
- All customers must be approached, and enthusiastic knowledgeable help to be given. To encourage sales we will do or find items for all our customers if possible, no is not an option!
- You will be required to take all back office and financial responsibility of the the store accounts, cashing up, administration procedures and ensure these are delivered accurately and on time.
- Staff training, where necessary will need to be completed. So that all staff have their weakness accurately pin pointed and addressed.
- Carry out appraisals on staff at regular intervals.
- Recruitment where instructed and needed for your store.
- Stock takes are done on a regular basis, These need to be accurate, the manager needs to take full responsibility of her stock, and arrange and train staff to complete these duties accurately.
- You will need to replenish sold stock, re label, and steam. Help unpack new deliveries, there is a minimum amount of lifting needed, if you have a medical problem you must alert your senior manager to this before doing so, you may be required to show a medical certificate.
- Other duties that are required are store maintenance, including daily cleaning of both front and back areas, including kitchen and bathroom area. As the store manager it is your responsibility to make sure the shop is clean tidy and compliant with Health and Safety law. Everyone is required to participate!
- Any issues regarding the day to day running, will be for the manager to take on this responsibility. This could mean finding maintenance people for plumbing , electric, painting etc.
- The shop at all times must be kept neat, tidy, replenished and clean. Security is of high importance, therefore a customer must never be left on her own within the shop.
- All breaks must be managed to suit the needs of the business by the manager.
- Rota's must be completed by the store manager at least monthly, any shortages of staff must be filled and recruited where instructed. it is for the best interest that rota's are covered completely within the staff budget for that store, otherwise the manager will be required to cover these gaps.
- Clear communication with other members of the management team and directors.
- Whilst working within the store we require the highest standards, therefore you must be dressed suitably for the needs of the business, casually smart or to wear the uniform pieces that you are given
- Always to be well groomed, makeup to a minimum, clean hair, fresh clothes, nails not to be chipped perfume not too imposing. Suitable footwear.
- Experience working a Store Manager for a Premium or Luxury Brand
- Managed a turnover of around £800k-1m