A very exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior Retail Store Designer with experience designing commercial areas to join a highly creative contemporary brand. This role will cover store opening worldwide and are looking for Designers who can think outside the box and create unique store designs.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Taking briefs & creating schedule, ensuring deadlines are met
- Attending regular internal design team meetings and assisting the designers on the conceptual and technical side of the design process.
- Maintain a constant awareness of market trends and new materials. Establish connections with suppliers of new materials, including locally sourced materials.
- Complete purchasing templates for relevant projects & manage budgets.
- Complete out Shipping Documents.
- Making concepts and presenting them to senior management and directors.
- Create accurate design layouts, comprising of 2d plans, 2d elevations, 3d renderings, based on a partner's brief.
- Confident in designing retail furniture.
- Responsible for overseeing several projects at any one time
- Producing prop packages and prop layout guides.
- Able to respond well to complex questions whilst working and switching between various projects.
- Deal with external contractors on the design and production of store design elements.
- Excellent creative ability is necessary to uncover fresh concepts, while adhering to brand guidelines and fulfilling the brief, in order to build a strong brand identity in each respective setting.
- As a mentor, support the Junior/mid-weight members of the team by providing guidance on concessions, outlets, stores, and pop-ups.
- Work with shipping on the organisation and delivery of store design items worldwide. Including assisting with packing appropriately.
- Vectorworks (is a must). A strong portfolio of work to back this, including sketches, examples of 2D work and evidence of thought process.
- Sketch up, V-ray or Renderworks
- Office 365 - Excel and Word capabilities required.