A fantastic opportunity has arisen for my client who supplies premium knitwear to retailers and brands solely based in the UK. They are growing their team and looking for a Senior Merchandiser to assist the Production Director to oversee all elements of production from sample to shipment.
They want someone who is a highly motivated and organised who will manage customer liaison and delivery schedules, critical path and sample lead times. You will be responsible for timely delivery of quality goods to the customers.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress their career within the apparel industry, assist a Director and become a manager.
Main Duties and responsibilities include
- To assist the Production Director managing the Critical Path for all customer orders to ensure deliveries are made on time.
- Liaise with customers RE approvals and delivery schedules.
- Manage sample lead times and packing notes.
- Work closely with internal colleagues to manage orders including yarn orders, label orders and costings.
- Chasing samples and tracking resubmits with the factories/sourcing offices.
- Highly organised and capable of working to and managing deadlines.
- Previous experience in a similar role at Merchandiser level is essential.
- Knitwear/yarn knowledge advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the business.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team