I've got a brand new role looking for a Senior Knitwear Designer for my client who supply fashion knitwear to high street brands and e-commerce platforms.
Based in Leicester, they are looking for someone who can create trend lead commercial knitwear designs and is highly efficient when it comes to Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator. You would be client facing, presenting the latest trends for the season whilst having an adaptable handwriting to meet the clients brief.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for all elements of design on your accounts, from initial research and prep for your customer meetings.
- Create detailed design specs to develop new product.
- Ability to design CAD's and commercial knitwear range samples based on latest catwalks & trends.
- Present ranges to the customer.
- Source yarns for new season in line with trends and customer requirements.
- Attend customer meetings both in the UK and overseas, attend trend inspiration trips, yarn fairs and exhibitions.
- A highly motivated and creative individual.
- You will have at least 5 years of knitwear design experience.
- CAD literate (proficient in both Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and remain calm under pressure.
- Technical knitwear understanding of yarns and garment construction.
- Competitive salary.
- Strong communication skills both to the customers and factories.