We have a lovely new role a leading supplier to high street and supermarket retailers and e-tailers who manufacture ladies fashion knitwear and jersey. They are looking for a Senior Garment Technologist across knitwear and jersey to join their team.
Manufacturing in the Far East and Turkey they want someone who has a solid technical understanding of jersey and knit fibres, yarns and fabrics, testing, grading and product restrictions/capabilities.
With a mix of wfh/office based you must be able to work well both independently and in a small team, be self-motivated, passionate and thrive off working in a fast paced environment. Supplier experience advantageous but not necessary.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Manage sample approvals from initial fit through to production.
- Attending fit sessions.
- Liaising with factories and communicating fit comments/amendments.
- Creating garment and size specifications/workbooks.
- Assessing fit samples with due diligence.
- Grading size charts.
- Completing Risk Assessments.
- Test Reports.
- Resolving technical and production issues with factories.
- Monitoring quality control.
- Updating information on customer portals.
- Working to critical paths.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role with a fashion supplier.
- Extensive garment technical skills and knowledge.
- Good skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Able to prioritise workload, and multi-task various functions.
- Ability to work within a small team.
- Driving licence/use of car.