I am seeking a Garment Technologist to work with premium brands covering boyswear with a view to supporting the menswear team across jersey, sweats and knits.
You will be working on styles from proto type through to delivery of finished product to the market. The role will focus delivering high quality products that are safe, meet legal requirements and fit for purpose.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly reputable global business offering progression and growth opportunities.
You will be based in their central London buzzy Design Studio.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Excellent knowledge and ability to confidently fit garments on the body accompanied with the organisational skills to ensure the time line required by the company Critical Path is achieved
- To manage /control/ and flex the process by which the high quality of make and fit is achieved to the standards required by BMG
- Strong technical knowledge to determine whether a garment fits appropriately for the end consumer
- Ability to very clearly communicate to suppliers and team members on how to fix fit or make issues by applying your technical knowledge and solve problems with confidence
- You will be required to work on your own product areas while also overseeing those of your team
- Be responsible for ensuring that garment construction methods are maintained to a high standard in your area and those of your team
- Responsible for requesting and approving garment testing
- Introduce lessons learnt sessions at the end of a delivery period
- Carry out risk assessment sessions on product and suppliers which must include all stakeholders
- Proactively problem solving to identify fit, fabric and other construction issues
- Continually monitor grading to ensure best fit across sizes/product areas
- Develop an in depth knowledge of the supplier base for all the areas you are responsible for
- Work with onboarding new suppliers on the developing processes
- Deadlines & Reporting
- Effectively maintain the Critical Path and deadlines by reporting continually and holding regular update meetings with your team, Design, Sourcing and Merchandising
- Continually assess work load for your team and forecast in advance increase/decrease in work load and how to address it
- Organise spec handovers/ proto fitting dates with design
- Attend and contribute to CP meetings to plan key dates for coming seasons
- Manage fit meetings in line with CP dates
- Report and analyse quality issues found at our DC, customer & eComms returns
- Must have experience of Boyswear
- A minimum of 3 year's experience within a similar role
- Will have a vast knowledge of fabric/garment testing specifications and results analysis
- Able to work independently and without supervision based on prior knowledge and experience
- Flexibility and show initiative
- Attention to detail and deadline management