Our clients are a highly successful fashion licensing supplier and they are looking for someone who is very hands on, and designs as well as manages the team. It will be managing, men's, women's and kidswear designers, so preferably you would have worked across all areas. Must have strong graphics and licensing experience and have worked with supermarkets and UK high street retailers.
The Design Manager will oversee and manage the whole design department, ensuring that content is of the highest quality. Not only will you be hands on and designing beautiful work yourself, but you'll be also guiding the team and leading the design direction.
Main Responsibilities will include :
- Oversee a team of designers
- Design trend led and original licensing graphics
- Ability to create bestselling ranges and be hands on with trends and giving direction and guidance to your team
- Involvement with key customer meetings on a regular basis.
- Liaise with overseas factories for development, fabric & trim sourcing, shopping research trips and client meetings when required.
- Assist with driving and increasing sales with new and existing customers.
- Required to work in a fast paced environment, high volume design/development
- Develop trend-led collections tailored towards customers throughout the year
- Ensure the design team is aware of sales analysis on weekly basis
- Sourcing of new fabrics and trims
Person Specifications :
- Must have Licensing experience
- Experience within ladies Jersey wear essential
- Previous supplier experience required
- Good understanding of garment costing
- Demonstrate longevity in your design career
- Management of a small team required
- Excellent communication at all levels along with, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to present and work alongside key management in the business