We are delighted to be recruiting for an exciting lead design role for an experienced multiproduct designer specialising on softs who has a mix of both retail and supplier background who can build brands for major retailers.My client is looking for a commercial trend led Designer who has a strong background across woven multi-product
In this role, you must have a great eye for trends, excellent CAD skills and have experience presenting stories, concepts, inspirations, and designs to Buyers. You will need to be extremely trend-driven and be able to drive woven product development with a commercial eye for newness.
Main duties will include:
- Create and develop product designs tailored to the company's portfolio of customers.
- Creating on-trend, forward-thinking yet commercial womenswear designs keeping in line with the buyer's briefs.
- Researching lifestyle trends and blogs
- Working with the fabric team to implement direction and innovation for the season.
- Communicating effectively with all internal and external teams.
- Working closely with the in-house sales and production team along with retail Buyers.
- Overseeing the development of all sampling ensuring deadlines are met.
- Manage a junior designer.
- Woven experience is essential within a commercial environment.
- Previous supplier and retail experience ,
- Brand building
- A strong understanding of the current high street, trends and the ability to look forward and anticipate new trends.
- Must have good CAD and illustration skills.
- Experience in presenting ideas through design boards.
- A hands-on can-do attitude, someone who is innovative hardworking and able to deal with pressure