I've got a fantastic new role with a successful client who is a leading supplier to UK & EU high street retailers. They are looking for a strong, motivated and creative Denim Designer across menswear and / or ladieswear to join their expanding team.
Based in Central London, this role will be working across a mixture of market leading high street retailers such as Zara, Mango, H&M to name a few. You'll need to be enthusiastic with a real "can do" attitude who is product-driven and ambitious.
This role does require travel every few months.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Create and develop trend lead denim product designs tailored to customers handwriting and brand DNA.
- Attend and present in customer meetings, presenting ranges to Buyers and external design teams, showcasing latest trends, market research and mood boards.
- Demonstrate a love for Denim, wash, design, and market research.
- Attend trade fairs and undertake regular comp shops with a strong awareness of current product on the high street.
- Communicating effectively with all internal and external teams.
- Overseeing the development of all sampling ensuring deadlines are met.
- Liaise with overseas factories.
- Product accurate and detailed CADs for sampling with a strong technical knowledge.
- Able to produce high quality work to targets and tight deadline.
- At least 4 years denim design experience, preferably with a knowledge and understanding of Zara's handwriting.
- A strong understanding of the current high street, trends and the ability to look forward and anticipate new trends.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong on computer programs including Adobe and Illustrator.
- Willingness to travel abroad.
- Good communication skills and a confident presenter.
- A hands-on can-do attitude, someone who is innovative, with a fun personality who can inspire others.
- Creative and enthusiastic.