We have a brand new role and are looking for a Senior Buyer across womenswear multi product to work for a global brand! You would be brought on to grow the UK market and have a solid understanding of trends.
Did I mention this role is based in Australia? Working for a fast-growing international brand this is a once in a lifetime opportunity which will further your career. They offer a strong relocation package and would sponsor yourself and any dependants coming with you!
The ideal candidate will be able to seek out the newest trends across women's fashion in line with the company's strategy and be the link between design and production, ultimately to deliver a product range that follows brand vision.
As a key member of the buying team, you will be able to demonstrate commercial awareness, creativity, and a real passion for the brand. Please note the salary is in AUD.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Solid understanding of the UK customer profile and market, ensuring that all markets receive a commercially balanced range.
- Build a commercial yet trend lead range of womenswear multi product with the intention of growing the UK market.
- Analyse trade performance, extracting key messages to make trading decisions to drive department performance.
- Responsible for strategic planning and negotiating prices to ensure costs are in line with the budget.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the brand and keep up to date with current trends.
- Ensure brief dates and critical path are met by working closely with design, maintaining regular communication with design team.
- Work collaboratively with other departments on strategic planning to ultimately maximise profit and manage markdown spend to ensure it is kept to a minimum.
- Manage, nurture and develop strong relationships with suppliers.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of UK competitor activity.
- Provide support for all areas including trade meetings, margin, product development, samples, cost, delivery, approval of production and trend analysis.
- Proven track record at Buyer level across multiproduct womenswear.
- Results driven and ability to multitask.
- A strong eye for product, detail, and emerging trends.
- Positive, enthusiastic, hardworking and a team player with an open-minded approach.
- Outstanding organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.