An excellent opportunity for an experienced Sample Machinist to work for a successful supplier of ladies fashion jersey multi-products.
This is a part time permanent position 2 - 3 days a week
You do need to drive to travel to their offices.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Solving technical problems and garment amendments.
- Sample cutting and final pressing.
- Following fabric, colour and size instructions.
- Alter machinery to different fabrics.
- Produce high quality samples.
- Provide advice with regards to the best way to construct garments.
- Reading drawings and specs and communicating feedback.
- Returning samples for final approval before manufacturing begins.
- Must have experience gained within a similar role working for a ladieswear supplier.
- Strong machine and hand stitching skills.
- Excellent quality of work along with speed and efficiency.
- Knowledge of production methods.
- Good understanding of patterns in order to be able to read how garments are constructed.