I am recruiting for this newly appointed Sales Director working across ladies, men's, and children's licensed apparel. This role is to Head up a new division for a highly successful supplier to several large retailers throughout the UK and Worldwide.
In this role, they are looking for an Experienced Sales / Product Director with a proven track record working within the Apparel Industry within Licensing. You will have full autonomy in this role and will be responsible for recruiting a team to work alongside you.
To be considered for this role you must have strong connections with large retailers and in-depth knowledge of the licensed industry. My Client has a strong Global Sourcing network and the capacity to support you. This is a one-off opportunity to be part of an exciting new venture.
- Identify strategic opportunities to increase product offering and customer base
- Build and implement the business plan with ambitious growth targets and key steps to achieve them
- Develop the required structure to support the business and recruit a strong team to deliver high service levels for customers
- Establish the design team to develop on-brand product offerings for key retailers to create ranges and respond to briefs
- Identify new accounts and services from end to end.
- Build relationships and partnerships with buying teams in ladieswear, menswear, and childrenswear accounts
- Daily contact with supply base overseas
- Strong strategic negotiation with the factories and customers
- Foster key partnerships with licensors and develop new initiatives
- Identifying key new properties and competitively tendering for new licenses
- Negotiate terms with new and existing licensors
- A strategic thinker who can build a division from scratch
- A strong leader with great people skills
- A strong background in apparel sales and knowledge of working with Licensors
- Excellent trend awareness, presentation, negotiation, organisation, and analytical skills
- To motivate and drive forward your team as well as review the teams work be able to monitor the expense accordingly to the overall design team
- Bring new opportunities and ideas to develop growth in the company with good leadership skills
- Entrepreneurial and a self-starter, good communication skills, be task-oriented, and good at strategic management