This is a senior role in my clients London-based operation where you will have autonomy over a large design team and will lead on strategic and trend direction. Also involved in all major client meetings and working with existing clients to fully develop the ranges across all areas.
You will need to have strong managerial experience and already be at a senior position within your career, looking for a new and exciting opportunity.
This role would suit someone from a buying background or who has held a similar role within a supplier
Main Responsibilities will include :
- Oversee a large team of designers across ladies, men's, and childrenswear
- Ability to create bestselling ranges and be hands-on with trends and giving direction and guidance to your team
- Involvement with key customer meetings on a regular basis.
- Liaise with overseas factories and travel to the factories for development, fabric & trim sourcing, shopping research trips, and client meetings when required.
- Assist with driving and increasing sales with new and existing customers.
Person Specifications :
- Previous supplier experience or retail buying background required
- A broad experience over ladies men's and or childrenswear
- Experience developing the product with design teams
- Sales ability and good knowledge of the UK buyers and process
- Strong Jersey knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of licensing highly advantageous
- Good understanding of garment costing/margins
- Demonstrate longevity in your career
- Strong management and commercial leadership skills
- A hands-on approach with a strong eye for detail and current trends within the young fast fashion market
- Knowledge of working with Turkish suppliers