This is a new role working for my client who are an established and successful supplier of Ladies, Men's, and Childrenswear working with several Hi fashion retailers and e-tailers throughout the UK. They are looking for someone with a proven background working for a supplier and ideally a background in buying, product development, or design who has experience oversee large teams of designers giving them direction and having the vision to work with buyers to develop and cultivate existing relationships and introduce new and exciting products. This role will require someone with excellent man-management skills who can also work closely with senior management in my client's overseas office.
Main Responsibilities will include :
- Oversee a large team of designers across ladies, men's, and childrenswear
- Involved in all major client meetings and working with existing clients to fully develop the ranges across all areas.
- Ability to create bestselling ranges and be hands-on with trends and giving direction and guidance to your team
- Liaise with overseas factories and travel to the factories for development, fabric & trim sourcing, shopping research trips, and client meetings when required.
- Assist with driving and increasing sales with new and existing customers.
Person Specifications :
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A broad experience over ladies men's and or childrenswear apparel
- Experience developing the product with design teams
- Sales ability and good knowledge of the UK buyers and process
- Strong Jersey knowledge preferred
- Good understanding of garment costing/margins
- Strong man management and commercial leadership skills
- A hands-on approach with a strong eye for detail and current trends within the young fast fashion market