A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Production Merchandiser to join an internationally recognised sustainable brand. You will be responsible for collating relevant data and analysing the information to advise the business on range planning, forecasting and buys, trade partners, new markets and ecommerce on potentializing sales, budget and stock optimisation.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Build a range proposal through analysis of current and historical data.
- Have an understanding of future trends, business direction and promotional activities to propose growth opportunities.
- Analyse trading through the season against budget, identifying areas of opportunity or de-risk where necessary.
- Able to communicate clearly, work through multiple options and build evidence to justify proposals.
- Draw together analysis and data from trade and direct to consumer sales to produce a core option plan
- Create accurate forecast requirements for short and long term.
- Review buys by customer to ensure that budgets and sales targets are met.
- Monitor and optimise our stocks.
- Manage, develop and lead an assistant to meet business and individual objectives.
- You'll have extensive experience in a similar role (at least 5 years) providing strong merchandise planning for a clothing/apparel business, preferably with both wholesale and direct to consumer experience.
- Highly experienced in MS Excel with solid knowledge of advanced functions and the ability to manipulate and analyse large volumes of data.
- The ability to analyse data to gain deep insights and make key recommendations and proposals appropriate to business needs.
- Proven experience in building option plans and able to demonstrate the success of future projections.
- Knowledge of databases and report building.
- Preferably experienced in a similar merchandise focused role.
- Proven experience supervising or managing a team.
- Knowledge of, or experience in the apparel industry would be highly beneficial.
- Excellent communicator in the spoken and written word, with accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Highly capable with numerical tasks.
- Super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Computer literacy essential.