I'm seeking a product Manager with experince working in the UK. Is it time for you to change your lifestyle ?If so this is a great opportunity for an experienced Children's accessories specialist to work for one of the leading suppliers to major high street retailers and be based at their offices in Hong Kong.
The Product Manager will be identifying new trends,sourcing new suppliers, and will be involved in all stages of the design process and will manage a team of designers and assistants whilst working closely with UK design and buying teams. Strong product knowledge of children's non clothing accessories is vital for this role. My client is also offering a very generous relocation and benefits package.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Work with the UK Buying and Design teams to understand the needs of the Customer.
- Work closely with fabric sourcing to ensure that all key seasonal fabrics are delivered in season
- Have a clear understanding of the product offer from the Country / Region to establish and implement strategies to achieve the sales target.
- Actively review supply base with Merchandising Manager and source new suppliers where necessary
- Set sales budgets together with merchandise manager for each relevant product category / department.
- Monitor status of sales against the budget on a continual basis and make adjustments as necessary.
- Work with the Merchandising and Technical teams within the local office to ensure the Product Offer is backed-up by excellent service and quality. In particular, development samples and price quotes must always be fast and accurate.
- Manage customer visits to the Country / Region ensuring they are well prepared and that visitors are always impressed.
- Set impactful goals for your team that are aligned with the strategic directions of the organisation
- Perform duties as required by the company and according to company policy, to support the growth and prosperity of the business.
- Preferable minimum 5-6 years within Children's Acessories/ Non-clothing
- Experience working with UK retailers
- Comprehensive technical knowledge for all your departmental areas.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Strong design or product development background in relevant product group
- Excellent planning skills, with ability to prioritize and achieve deadlines
- Have strong Leadership skills and be an exceptional team player and a decision maker
- Proactive, reliable, and strong at multi-tasking
- Ability to work under pressure and independently
- Strong analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent people management experience