We are currently working with a friendly, trend led and expanding ladieswear supplier of young fashion across womenswear. They are now looking for a Creative Manual Pattern Cutter to join their team in London.
Main duties of this role will include:
- Liaise with the designers on first patterns and prototypes providing creative input as required to ensure patterns work perfectly.
- Creating first patterns and some alterations.
- Organises toiles where required, to ensure patterns are correct to spec from an aesthetic and technical point of view.
- Liaise with sample machinists and cutters to produce the best development samples.
- Complete technical paperwork to accompany each pattern.
- Make 3 patterns a day
- Altering and shaping flat, standard pattern 'blocks' into a style
- Working with designers and garment technologists to produce the final pattern
- Minimum 2 years Pattern Cutting experience working for a supplier
- You must have a commercial and current eye.
- Excellent understanding of fit and construction from a customer and factory capability perspective
- Accustomed to working to tight deadlines
- Proactive team player with great interpersonal skills
- Strong administration skills
- Clear and concise communicator
- Passionate, enthusiastic and confident