A fabulous new role has become available for one of my clients who are looking at expanding their Menswear design team and are recruiting for a talented commercial Mens Shirt Designer to join their existing team.
The successful candidates will be part of a talented and growing team and will need to be confident to participate in customer meetings.
You will be designing commercial Mens Shirts for the UK High Street.
A commercial trend led portfolio will be needed for this exciting new role
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in menswear design (preferably wovens/shirts)
- Enthusiastic about the garment design industry and our customers needs.
- Identifying the latest seasonal trends, creating mood boards and colour trend boards.
- Garment and fabric research within men's shirts for checks, stripes & prints.
- Manage and assist sending out fabric swatches and developments to mills.
- Running customer accounts including corresponding with customers via email & in meetings.
- Communicating with factories and mills on fabric and garment development.
- Designing garments and fabrics with the UK high street and value sector in mind.
- Support, communicate and work closely with the shirt design manager assisting in day to day tasks such as CAD development, tech packs, fabric development and office admin.
- Excellent Adobe suite skills such as Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Basic knowledge of fabric weave design, however training and support will be provided.
- Knowledge of scaling/designing/colouring artworks & prints.
- Excellent time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Exceptional organisation and administration skills.
- Commercially aware of product trends.