I have a very exciting opportunity for a Menswear Designer for a premium heritage brand! You must have experience as a commercial designer of multi products within Jersey. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly reputable global business offering progression and growth opportunities. To be based (flexibly) from their central London design Studio.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for designing the trend led menswear Collection, and for updating the fabric, techniques, washes and fit of the Collection.
- 3 - 5 years Design experience with excellent knowledge of multi product menswear
- You will be highly creative and trend driven, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deadline pressure.
- The ability to take initiative and work as part of a team, with good communication skills and excellent knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Analyse sales figures/ orders, and being ahead of trend and consumer
- Constantly upgrade the fabric quality, fitting and product according to the trend and market demands
- Constantly source latest offers/ trimmings/ fabrics/ treatments
- Proven experience in designing menswear for the commercial premium market
- Strong portfolio demonstrating exceptional talent and feeling for premium designs
- Creative design flair/ Strong sense for fast moving trends
- Excellent knowledge of fabrics and attention to details is an absolute must
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe programs (Photoshop/ Illustrator)
- User knowledge of Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
- Strong team player with ability to work on a one to one basis with local buyers
- English skills (minimum communication level), both written and spoken