This is a great new position for my client who is looking to recruit a strong Knitwear and Jersey multiproduct menswear designer .This role will be working with high-volume retailers and supermarkets and will need someone with not only strong design and technical skills but also who has the ability to be confident with buyers too. This is an exciting period of growth for my client and this role is key in their business. Strong commercial menswear design is essential as well as good knitwear technical knowledge. This role offers hybrid working - 3 days in London Office.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include
- You will identify and translate the must-have trends for fashion menswear knitwear & jersey.
- Liaise with customers, and attend presentations as and when required with the Sales team.
- Understand garment construction and production constraints.
- Sourcing new fabrics and developing newness.
- Produce detailed tech packs and liaise with international factories.
- Develop new trims and fabrics.
- Identify and update bestsellers to drive repeat business.
- Manage Sampling and Development of Critical Path.
- Commercial men's knit & jersey design experience.
- Experience designing for trend-led men's retailers.
- Experience working with overseas factories.
- Confident in presenting to buyers.
- Excellent CAD skills ideally with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Able to work independently - take initiative and work as part of a team.