We are looking for an experienced Design Manager to join a lovely client who are a well established supplier to several large retailers. They are looking for a senior candidate with a strong background across mens multi-product with a commercial, handwriting and experience with volume retailers. You will be managing and designing Menswear for the business with additional responsibility to oversee a small childrenswear design team.
A key part of the role is to develop existing accounts through strong relationship building and great product development and trend. Leading a team in the UK and Turkey to deliver exceptional ranges that are cohesive and commercial that deliver on the company strategy.
You must have a great eye for trends and experience presenting stories, concepts and designs to customers. You will be working with other Senior designers as well as managing a team so great people skills, collaboration and management are required for this role.
This is a London Based role with good opportunities for flexibility/hybrid.
Main duties will include:
- Developing and existing key account through great product development and trend.
- Lead a team based in UK and in Turkey
- Work closely with and report back to leadership team
- Creating on-trend, forward-thinking, commercial Menswear designs.
- Oversee a childrenswear team
- Implementing direction and innovation for the season across shape, print, fabric and trim.
- Communicating effectively with all internal and external teams
- Overseeing the development of all sampling ensuring deadlines are met.
- People management and strong collaboration with the rest of the team
- Menswear experience essential with kidswear is beneficial
- Great people skills and relationship building
- Volume/commercial experience is essential
- A creative but strategic thinker
- A strong understanding of the current trends and the ability to look forward and anticipate and present new trends.
- Confident presentation skills and able to present concepts in an inspiring but commercial way.
- CAD and illustration skills.
- A hands-on can-do attitude, someone who is hard working, innovative, positive
- A good manager and a good team player.