We have a fabulous new opportunity for a hungry, and ambitious Managing Director who has a wealth of fashion and start up experience at reputable well established brands.
As the Managing Director, you'll manage and oversee the team, making the major business decisions, managing the overall operations and resources of a company. You'll need an entrepreneurial mindset and the knowledge on how best to approach new opportunities, including delegating tasks or directing agendas to drive profitability by managing organisational structure.
This role is looking for candidate with experience across the premium / high end and luxury fashion market. The salary and package offered are highly competitive.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Developing high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives.
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure the company meets the the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
- Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the luxury fashion market and industry, driving business development and expansion strategies to strengthen the company's market position, utilising live contacts where necessary.
- Make high-quality investing decisions to support and advance the business and increase profits.
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company's legality and business ethics.
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements.
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders.
- Drive the team adherence to development and production timelines through solid understanding of PLM
- Responsible for launch the new products in timely and effective manner.
- Minimum of 10 years' MD or CEO experience in the high end to luxury fashion industry is essential.
- Knowledge of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management, and general finance and budgeting.
- Experience working in a start-up business and environment.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Have a hands-on approach with a determined and ambitious attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively, and delegate.
- Have strong awareness of luxury retail and e-tail market conditions.