A highly regarded law firm with offices based in Hertfordshire is looking for a Legal Secretary to join its highly motivated busy Property Finance department. Immediate start.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Opening new matters on our case management system (Proclaim), sending out initial letter to solicitors and client.
- Drafting and sending mortgage documentation to solicitors.
- Pre-completion matters including conducting searches such as priority, bankruptcy searches, Lawyer Checker and drafting certificates of title to be sent to client.
- Post-completion matters including registering clients' charges at the Land Registry and Companies House.
- Tracking and chasing applications at the Land Registry, updating the department spreadsheet regularly and dealing with any Land Registry requisitions.
- General administration including scanning, printing, and copying.
- Use of programmes such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Sending monthly reports to clients' title insurers by way of spreadsheet.
- Dealing with completion matters including drafting invoices.
- Demonstrate first class communication skills across all levels.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to prioritise effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative and make decisions.
- To conduct matters having due regard to the policies and procedures set out in the firm's office manual relating to the area of work and to comply with firm and regulators training requirements.
- PC literate and good IT skills
- Good time keeping