A fantastic new opportunity has become available for a commercial Ladies wear Woven Designer for a leading UK supplier to major high street retailers to work on several of their key accounts across ladies woven so you must have good solid woven, soft separate knowledge.
They are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, commercial fashion designer with a young to mid-market handwriting style who is used to working in a fast-paced environment and can work under pressure.
The ideal candidate must have a flare for fashion and understand key woven fabrications and shapes have strong Cad and presentation skills and the ability to present and communicate clearly with buyers. This role will be working with a lovely team of established designers and offers great career progression.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Create seasonal mood & trend boards with the design team
- Design seasonal capsule collections along with key shapes, colour palettes, and fabric direction
- Research and source new design ideas & fabrics/trims day to day
- Design and develop commercial and fashion-forward products for range and clients
- Attend fabric fairs and inspirational shopping trips
- Attend regular design meetings with the Sales Manager and customer buying/design teams whom you will be liaising regularly with
- Woven background is essential
- Must have experience designing for young to mid-market ladies fashion
- Able to work under Pressure
- Works well in a team
- Commercially savvy with excellent on-trend knowledge
- Confident when attending customer meetings
- Fully computer literate in Photo shop and Illustrator
- Strong CAD and Tech pack skills