We are recruiting for a Ladies Knitwear Designer to join a well established supplier who has a fabulous client base of fashion forward retailers across the UK High Street.
They are looking for someone to join their team who has previous supplier experience and is commercial and can adapt to their clients needs .This opportunity offers in house sampling facilities for you to see your designs develop from concept to sample! This role will be based in the office in their fantastic offices in Leicester .
Main responsibilities will include:
- You will identify and translate the must have trends for fast fashion ladies knitwear
- Liaise with customers, attend presentations as and when required
- Understand garment construction and production constraints
- Produce detailed tech packs and liaise with suppliers & factories confidently
- Develop new trims and fabrics with fads and fast fashion in mind
- Identify and update bestsellers to drive repeat business
- Minimum of 2- 3 years commercial knitwear design experience
- Excellent knowledge of yarns, knit gauges and structures.
- Highly creative and trend driven with a true connection to knitwear design.
- Excellent CAD skills ideally with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced fashion environment.
- Good understanding of garment construction and in particular knitwear manufacturing methods.
- Able to work on their own - take initiative and work as part of a team.
- Access to car and valid driving licence would be beneficial.