A fabulous opportunity has arisen for a knitwear designer to join this established trend-driven supplier to a variety of high street retailers someone with flair and passion for knitwear to join their existing team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to contribute their experience and knowledge to be part of an established team .True Knitwear design experience and solid technical understanding required for this role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities :
- Designing and developing knitwear for a number of high profile high street retailers
- Supporting and Working with the Knitwear Design team on multiple accounts to design commercial, fashion-led knitwear
- Research fashion trends, producing trend boards, catwalks, and sketches
- Ability to translate initial ideas & concepts into commercial designs
- Liaise with our overseas factories and to produce detailed design sheets for sampling
- Attend customer meetings and work to set briefs.
- Manage Sampling and Development of Critical Path
- Weekly reports looking at the latest trends
- Presenting to Buyers
- Travel to shows and on inspirational trips
- Previous experience working for a supplier within knitwear
- Must have a strong commercial eye, and an ability to interpret trends
- Excellent CAD and illustrator skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment,& have a pro-active approach.
- Strong organisation skills, and able to work to deadlines
- Highly technical
- Must be a team player with a willingness to take direction and eager to learn.